Thursday, June 7, 2007

The South Fork on 6/6/07

AWESOME!!!! This is the only word that I can explain the streamer fishing I had today on the South Fork from Heise to Lorenzo. I had the opportunity to fish with Pat, another guide from the Lodge, and we had a great day. We probably hooked 40+ fish on streamers. The top streamers were a black motor oil and a JJ. There is truly nothing better than a streamer grab. We hooked about 4 fish that went 18''. However I am still looking for that pig that I know this river has in it. Give me a call if you want to get in on some of this streamer fishing before it is over. I am getting pumped up for the Salmon Fly hatch. It should be here by the second or third week of June. If you don't want to streamer fish, the nymphing has also been very productive. I would try a brown rubberleg with some mayfly imitation trailing behind it. Hope you get a chance to fish this trout river this summer.

No comments: