Monday, June 4, 2007

The South Fork on 6/1/07

Today was the third day in the row for me to row my dad down the South Fork. I guess I am paying back my dad for all of those days he took me fishing when I was a kid. All of those tangles are starting to even out. I guess I have about 20 more years to go. We decided to do a different section today. The two of us floated the bottom end of the canyon from Cottonwood down to Byington. Needless to say the fishing down there is much better now! At the end of the day we boated 30+ trout. The majority of the fish we caught today were smaller browns and cutthroat. However my dad got an awesome 18'' brown on a big ugly streamer. The brown went nuts when it was hooked. It was jumping and running all over the place. The river down in this section is awesome. There are tons of side channels and riffles all over the place. I look forward to doing this one again soon! Give me a call to get on this remarkable river. If you don't give this river a shot you are truly missing out.

No comments: