Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Blackfoot River on 6/10/07

So I went and checked out a new river that I have never fished that the Lodge guides. But I guess they only do a couple trips a year down it. The Blackfoot is about an hour from the house, and when we got there we found out that there was only a foot of visibility in the river. The river was really off color, so one could say that the fishing was not stellar by any means. Even with tons of Caddis and PMD's coming off there were no fish coming up. At the end of the day I had caught three fish, but all three were quality rainbows. I have never seen such an obese trout in my life. Make sure to check out the picture because it is funny how overfeed these trout are. The rainbows almost look like juvenile steelhead. I hope all of you are doing well, and I look forward to fishing with some of you soon.

No comments: