Monday, June 4, 2007

The South Fork on 6/3/2007

Well this is the fourth time I have been on the South Fork this week. Today I had the opportunity to float down the river with two other guides from the Lodge. Mike and Pat graciously showed me the Byington to Lorenzo float. This is one long ass float! The float took the entire day and we covered 15 miles of river. I must admit that I am a big fan of this lower river. This stretch has numerous braids and back channels that could take a guy a long time to figure out. All day we threw streamers in the riffles and on the banks. The fishing was good and we hooked 20+ trout on streamers. The biggest fish we got today was a 16'' brown. The hot streamer was a black woolly bugger with rubber legs. It seemed like every little drop off had a fish waiting to strike at our streamers. Give me a call to come fish the famous Salmon Fly Hatch on this world renown river. If you have never fished HUGE Salmon fly patterns then you need to get out here in a couple of weeks. Don't miss out on the biggest dry fly known to the west!

No comments: