Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Salt River 5/23/2007

Well now that I am finally out here to guide the South Fork it is about time I start doing some fishing. One big problem though the South Fork is blown out and flowing at 20,000 cfs. That is a lot of water for a tailwater fishery. The good news though is that it should be fishable by mid next week.

Since the South Fork is unfishable, I decided to go spend some time on one of my favorite rivers in the world. The Salt River is a small wandering river that fishes like a spring creek. However when I went and checked it out there was probably only three feet of visibility. Good for me the fish in the Salt like streamers. The fishing was a little slow, but still managed to get a dozen grabs on big streamers in about four hours. I must admit fishing streamers is a little more fun than watching an indicator floating down the river. This is going to be one great summer! I cant wait for all of the adventures God has in line for Bonnie and I. Give me a call if you want to come out to dry fly and streamer heaven.

No comments: