Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The Lower Sac on 4/26/2007

I had the opportunity to guide Jim & Steve from the Bay Area. The weather was beautiful today. It was a nice 80 degrees with blue bird skies. I decided to take the guys from Anderson River Park down to the Barge Hole. The fishing was a little slow this morning. It took me about two hours to figure out what the fish wanted. There were caddis popping all over the place, but they would not eat any of the caddis patterns that I was having my clients use. It ended up that they wanted to eat a size 14 BH Pheasant Tail. I guess sometimes the fish dictate to you what they want to eat. So those trout aren't as stupid as they look. We ended up putting 25+ fish in the boat, and hooking many more than that. The hot bugs today were a size 14 BH pheasant tail & a 14BH copper bob. Book now if you want to get a chance to fish with me before I leave for Idaho this summer.

No comments: