Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Lower Feather on 3/5/2007

I had the opportunity to guide Will from Phoenix on the Lower Feather. If you like to hook hot pissed off steelhead in May, then get out on the Feather before it is over. Guiding was a lot of fun for me today. The first part of the day I took Will up to wade around the hatchery. We hooked 3 huge spring steelies in about 3 hours of wading. Needless to say that these big fish kicked Will's butt up and down the river. There is nothing better than watching a 7-8lb fish rip off 100 feet of backing in a matter of seconds. Yet all three fish won the battle and ended up coming off. The second part of the day we floated the Low Flow section. Floating through Low Flow we hooked 1 more adult around 22'' and 4 half pounders. I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent conditions for this late in the spring. I look forward to doing it again soon. Give me a call if you want the prime dates for next year's fall run of steelhead on the Feather.

No comments: