Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The Lower Yuba on 4/28/2007

Today I had the opportunity to head out toward Marysville to guide the Yuba. I was really excited to guide this morning due to the anticipation of throwing some dry flies. Well my anticipation was disappointed when I got out on the river. There were no bugs coming off on the Yuba. So I was forced to another day of fishing indicators in deep water. The entire day I only saw one fish rise. What a bummer especially when you come to the Yuba to get your shots at throwing dry flies. Well with the lack of bugs the Yuba fished extremely tough. We hooked 8 really nice rainbows on the float from highway 20 down to Sycamore RV Park. All of the fish came on a size 18 biot baetis. It was nice to float on a different river today. Give me a call if you want to go out on the Yuba to throw some dries, and hopefully when you come out the bug life will cooperate.

No comments: