Sunday, March 4, 2007

The Lower Sac on 3/4/2007

The Lower Sac was epic. One of the biggest caddis hatches I have seen in a long time came off in the nice 70 degree weather. The caddis were popping so thick that it looked like it was snowing all day long. I had the pleasure of fishing with my cousin Erica and her husband Bryan. Today was their first day of fly fishing, and what a first day they had. We hooked 40+ rainbows and there were quite a few fish between 17''-19''. I once again decided to float from Bonnyview down to Anderson River Park. The Sac did not fish well for the first two hours, but after about 10AM the fishing turned on for the rest of the day. The hot bugs were 16BH King Prince and 16BH Amber Wing Prince. If you want to get in on the huge caddis hatches of March and April you need to book now. Check out my website for additional information.

No comments: