Friday, March 23, 2007

The Lower Sac on 3/22/2007

I had the opportunity to fish with Brian and Terry from the Granite Bay Fly Fishers Club. I was extremely worried about the wind forcast, especially since I had gotten my butt kicked by it on Wednesday. So I decided to do a split float. The morning we floated from Bonnyview down to Sac RV, and then in the afternoon we floated Posse Grounds down to Bonnyview. I thought that possibly staying in the top section of the river we might be able to stay out of the wind. The morning started off with 20MPH northern wind gusts, but by the end of the day it was extremely calm. Its crazy what a couple hours difference can make. The morning fished a litte tough with all of the wind. It is not easy to get a real good drift when the wind is trying to push you down river. By the time we were pulling off at RV we had hooked 20+ rainbows, and in the afternoon we hooked an additional 20+ rainbows. Not to bad of a day considering the weather forecasts. The hot bugs today were a 16BH CDC Prince, 18BH Amber Wing Prince, and a 16BH Hogan's S&M nymph. You need to call know if you want to book a handful of the days I have left this spring.

No comments: