Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Lower Sac on 3/17/2007

Today, I had a large group trip on the Lower Sac through Sac River Outfitters. I decided to float from Bonnyview down to Balls Ferry. The weather was beautiful for mid May. In Redding it was 85 degrees with blue bird skies. I thought the caddis hatch was going to be huge with the nice weather, but they only came off from 1:30 to 3:00. Even with the short hatch, the fish were still eating the nymphs extremely well. From Bonnyview down to Anderson River Park the hot bugs were a 16bh king prince and 16 zug bug. Below Anderson the fish switched to a size 12 twenty incher stone. In total we landed 39 rainbows, and we only lost 7 fish. I was very proud of my clients for barely losing any fish. Not a bad day for their first time to ever fish the Sac. Its time to book now if you want those few days that I still have available in April and May.

No comments: