Monday, July 30, 2007

The South Fork 7/29 - 7/30


I had a good couple of days fishing the South Fork with two very mature kids named Ben (11) and David (13). I was extremely impressed with their up beat attitude, and willingness to try really hard to get their flies in the right place. The first day they hung in there and both caught some fish. The second day was even better, and both did significantly better than the first day. Actually on the second day, Ben caught a 16'' Cutthroat and David got a 18'' Rainbow. Not to bad for a few youngsters. The hot flies for the two days were the Chubby Chernobyl and the infamous Lightning Bug.

These two young men have completely changed my attitude toward guiding and kids. Even though I had taken kids before, Ben and Davida are truly special. I look forward to fishing with them again in the future. I think we all learned a few things from each other. Give me a call if you are interested in doing a trip down the South Fork.

No comments: