Thursday, August 9, 2007

The South Fork 8/2 - 8/8

The South Fork was hit and miss this week depending on the day you were on the water. We saw the end of the golden stone fly hatch, and the beginning of hopper season. The lower sections of the river are getting extremely warm and the fish are getting sluggish and not responding to our flies. Most of the action this week was in the canyon and upper sections of the river. Most days saw about and average of 30 fish caught each day.

I had a few exciting events that happened in the last seven days on the water. The first was when a guide bet was put up by the clients. The Walker group put up $150 for grabs between three different guides for the biggest fish landed. I was lucky enough to have the fish landed in my boat. The winning fish was a nice 18'' rainbow. The other exciting event happened on the same day as I won the $150. One of my clients caught a tagged fish, but unlucky for me the tag was not worth any money.

I am only going to be out here in Idaho for the next week and a half, so if you want to get a shot to get in on some insane hopper fishing on the South Fork then you need to give me a call. For all of you guys out in California I will be doing trips on the Sac, Yuba, and Putah starting the first of September. I look forward to seeing all of you soon. TIGHT LINES!

No comments: