Thursday, February 2, 2012

Yuba Feb. 2, 2012

I fished the Yuba today with 2 of my regular clients. Fishing was solid. Really slow in the morning. By the time we were fishing it was around 9:30AM and we didn't even hook a fish until 11ish. Rough start but after that things started to pick up. We ended up hooking 20+ rainbows and landed 2 hatchery steelhead. There was no real hot fly as we caught fish on 8 different bugs from stoneflies, san juans, may flies, etc. Very litte bugs on the river today. I think the cooler evening mixed with a windy day kept the bugs away. The Skwala Hatch is going to happen really soon.

One absolute crazy thing that happened today is that one of those hatchery steelhead ate a Skwala dry against the bank. That is definitely the first steelhead I have ever had eat a dry on that River. I have caughten them on caddis during the spring time on the Feather but never on the Yuba. Really cool that you never know what is going to happen each time you go out there.

If you want to do one of my discounted days then I still have Feb. 7, 9, 11-12 (Sat/Sun), 14-17, 22, 28 still available.

Take Care & Tight Lines!

No comments: