Friday, February 3, 2012

Lower Sac was EPIC!

I took 2 of my regular clients out on the Lower Sac and the fishing was absolutely ridiculous. It was seriously the best February day of fishing that I have ever had in 9 years of guiding. Today was one of those days that seemed like nothing could go wrong. We boated over 50+ rainbows, 3 steelhead in the 20-22" range, and caught 2 fish on dry flies. I think I had a little taste of heaven today.

SPRING CADDIS have already started. Today fished like the first of March. There was caddis hatching throughout the day and the fish were on the grab. I think as long as the warm weather holds then there is going to be great fishing on the Lower Sac in the next couple of weeks. If you are into lots of action and pulling on a bunch of fish then you need to get out there. Now all of the trips might not be 50 fish days but there a lot of hungry fish willing to eat your fly.

I still have Feb. 9, 11-12, 14-17 open in the next couple of weeks. They are forecasting a 70 degree day on Thursday and those caddis are going to come off strong with that warm weather. Let me know if you want to get in some last minute fishing for a screaming deal of $295.

Tight Lines!

No comments: