Monday, April 2, 2007

The Lower Sac on 3/31/2007

I had the opportunity to guide Chuck and Denny from Sacramento on the Lower Sac. I decided to float from Anderson River Park down to Barge Hole. The fishing in the morning was a little slow. By lunch time we only had 12 fish hooked, but by the end of the day we had hooked 40+ fish. The afternoon bite is continuing to persist through the early part of this spring. It was nice to have the flows up to 6500. All of the clay banks had enough water on them to actually start holding some fish. The clays should only get better as the water continues to increase. The hot bugs today were size 12BH 20 incher stone, yellow sucker spawn, and 14 tan fox's poopah. I am practically booked full for the month of April (excluding April 22), but give me a call if you want to get in on the action in early to mid May. Check out my website for contact information.

No comments: